By William J Stevenson
Read Online or Download Production/operations management PDF
Similar production & operations books
Buying and provide administration (PSM) remains to be no longer thought of a strategic functionality in lots of businesses even supposing on common greater than 1/2 a company’s price proposition stems from its providers. In today’s financial system, businesses which overlook the strategic administration in their offer base fall at the back of their rivals.
Over the last years, businesses have more and more really good and shrunk actions to exterior companions in low-wage international locations. whereas those offshoring contracts are thought of to be fairly winning in company fact, managers are basically offshoring to gain issue fee merits and thereby overlook progress possibilities.
This publication contributes to a greater knowing of entrepreneurship in transition economies. present literature displays the extra conventional colleges of proposal on entrepreneurship, that are prompted through the Western standpoint, and fail to totally handle the situation in transition economies. there's a large consensus between teachers, coverage makers, and practitioners primary explanation for problems skilled by way of such a lot economies in transition has been the truth that reform has no longer been observed by means of the production of latest, deepest companies, and especially SMEs.
- Faultless Facilitation, 2nd Edition Resource Guide
- Cost Estimation: Methods and Tools
- Handbook of Ocean Container Transport Logistics: Making Global Supply Chains Effective
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Handbook of Manufacturing Control: Fundamentals, description, configuration
- Enabling Innovation: Innovative Capability - German and International Views
Extra info for Production/operations management
1. m. m. 1, by multiplying the hourly building cooling load by the present chiller efficiency (air-cooled). If these data are not available, a kWh consumption meter can be used to compute the electricity consumption of the chiller. Next, using manufacturers’ efficiency data, the kWh consumption for the proposed water-cooled chiller can be estimated. The difference between present (3915 kWh) and proposed (1803 kWh) total daily kWh consumption gives the daily savings (2112 kWh). Additional savings will also result from reduction in peak power demand if the peaks for power usage and cooling load coincide.
Care should be taken to ensure that all areas of the new combined system can withstand the higher static pressure imposed by the office tower chilled water distribution system. If required, heat exchangers can be installed to hydraulically isolate the office tower and retail podium systems. The most logical choice in this case would be to use the chiller plant serving the office tower to act as the combined central plant. 19. Since this plant has three 500-RT chillers, only two machines need to be operated during daytime to meet the expected combined cooling load.
The main types of compressors used are reciprocating, scroll, screw, and centrifugal. Reciprocating compressors use pistons and connecting rods driven by a crankshaft, as shown in Fig. 6. The crankshaft is driven by a motor. In open type drives, the drive motor is mounted externally and the crankshaft extends through a seal out of the crankcase. In hermetic systems, the motor and the compressor are contained in the same housing and the crankshaft and motor are in direct contact with the refrigerant.
- Download Systems Engineering Agile Design Methodologies by James A. Crowder, Shelli Friess PDF
- Download Multicriteria Optimization by Dr. habil. Matthias Ehrgott (auth.) PDF