By Desiree Webber, Dee Ann Corn, Donna Norvell, Elaine R. Harrod, Sandy Shropshire
Proportion the beauty and variety of our worldwide friends via culture-based tale instances! each one bankruptcy of this e-book highlights a particular nation or cultural team, providing advised books to learn aloud and tales acceptable for flannel board, overhead projector, or uncomplicated puppetry displays. Fingerplays, motion rhymes, songs, video games or actions, puppet styles and directions, and instructions for different uncomplicated, reasonably cheap crafts accompany the tales. furthermore, each one bankruptcy contains bibliographies of different assets. Chapters hide Australia, Brazil, the Caribbean, Egypt, Ghana, Greece, India, eire, Italy, Mexico, Russia, Vietnam, and American Indians. an ideal source for the kid's librarian, the e-book can be precious via common college librarians and lecturers.
Read or Download Travel the globe: multicultural story times PDF
Similar library & information science books
Motivating teenagers to learn is key to development a lifelong love of analyzing. many oldsters can't version engagement with books and as a substitute, lecturers, institution media experts, and kid's librarians needs to step into the breach to aid childrens include a love of interpreting. in accordance with award-winning librarian-educator and writer Sharon Grimes, to assist scholars love books and interpreting, their talents needs to transcend in simple terms spotting phrases and turning pages with no comprehension.
To do good educational study, students have to glance past the pc seek engine. This brief, useful booklet introduces scholars to the $64000 elements of the information-seeking method. the weather of Library study presents a beginning for fulfillment in any learn project, from a freshman paper to a senior thesis.
For folks who are looking to bring up their convenience point with cutting-edge internet functions, should you are looking to increase their kid's web utilization out and in of college, and if you happen to are looking to be ready for power darkish alleys within the on-line international, the internet and oldsters: Are You Tech Savvy? is a welcome new source.
For a library to satisfy its venture to supply neighborhood engagement and cultural discussion, then diversified, first-class cultural programming is the most important. In Cultural Programming for Libraries, the director of ALA s Public courses workplace stocks time-tested options and functional, inspiring samples from nice courses around the nation.
- Teens, Libraries, and Social Networking: What Librarians Need to Know (Libraries Unlimited Professional Guides for Young Adult Librarians Series)
- A Global Perspective on Private Higher Education
- Describing archives : a content standard
- Mixed Media: Feminist Presses and Publishing Politics
- Supporting Research Writing. Roles and Challenges in Multilingual Settings
Extra resources for Travel the globe: multicultural story times
2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7.
Cut a piece of yarn long enough to make the animal (posterboard) hang around the child's neck. It needs to be long enough for the child to comfortably hold the animal in front of him or her, below their face. Tie the ends of the yarn, one in each hole. Make a picture of each ingredient that the characters in the story add to the stew. Using black posterboard, cut out a kettle shape; tape the kettle shape to a bucket to create a stew pot. Invite seven children to help tell the story. As the child's character adds an ingredient to the stew, have the child put the picture of that ingredient into the bucket.
Lewin, Ted. Amazon Boy. New York: Macmillan, 1993. (32 pages) For a birthday gift, Paulo is allowed to travel down the Amazon River with his father to Belem, a port city. He sees the gifts that the Amazon gives them. When the Rivers Go Home. New York: Macmillan, 1992. (32 pages) A picture book about the Pantanal Marsh in Brazil. As the waters recede during the dry season, the animals must search for food. Troughton, Joanna.
- Download Jack the Ripper and the London Press by L. Curtis Jr., L. Perry Curtis Jr. PDF
- Download Auditory Computation by Harold L. Hawkins, Teresa A. McMullen, Richard R. Fay PDF