By I. Griffith
This quantity does 4 issues. first of all it examines the nexus among the unlawful narcotics firm as a social phenomenon and political economic climate as a scholarly factor quarter. Secondly it explores the nearby and worldwide contexts of the political economic climate of unlawful narcotics operations within the Caribbean. Thirdly it assesses a number of the political economic system connections and effects of the firm within the quarter. eventually, it discusses many of the measures followed to take care of the unlawful drug problem within the zone.
Read Online or Download The Political Economy of Drugs in the Caribbean PDF
Best comparative politics books
Legislatures are political our bodies necessary to democracy and the guideline of legislations. They current social scientists with quite a few interesting puzzles, with far-reaching implications for our knowing of political associations. Why, and the way, have those historic assemblies, proven in pre-democratic instances, survived the transition to mass democracies?
This quantity units out to ascertain the heritage of eire within the years following the Dail's ratification of independence from Britain in 1922. different authors within the assortment, all specialists on varied points of Irish heritage from the 1st 1/2 the 20th century, concentrate on quite a lot of various subject matters.
Evaluating Political Regimes presents a finished evaluation of the world's political structures by means of outlining and contrasting the features of 4 diverse regime forms: liberal democracies, electoral democracies, semi-liberal autocracies, and closed autocracies. The 3rd variation is carefully revised and up to date.
- The new minority: White working class politics in an age of immigration and inequality
- Culture and Identity in a Muslim Society
- The Language of Politics
- Staging Politics: Power and Performance in Asia and Africa
Extra resources for The Political Economy of Drugs in the Caribbean
Moreover, partly because of the kinds of issues examined and the combination of experts examining them, the volume profits more from eclecticism in its theoretical and conceptual aspects than from a single theoretical paradigm. Conclusion The business of drugs and of aspects of the nexus between drugs and political economy examined in this book should necessarily be of interest to students and scholars of the Caribbean, especially those in the fields of political economy, foreign policy, and international politics.
21 Government of Jamaica, Ministry of Agriculture, Alternative Systems for an Illegal Crop, September 1994, p. 8. 22 Stares, op. , p. 50. 23 Richard Bernal, `Debt, Drugs, and Development in the Caribbean', TransAfrica Forum, 9 (Summer 1992), p. 91. 24 Dennis Pantin, `The Colombian Nightmare: Drugs and Structural Adjustment in the Caribbean', Caribbean Affairs, 2 (October±November 1989), p. 145. 25 Some of these relationships were noted by a Trinidad and Tobago central bank official, who requested anonymity, in an interview in Port of Spain on 8 July 1994.
50. 23 Richard Bernal, `Debt, Drugs, and Development in the Caribbean', TransAfrica Forum, 9 (Summer 1992), p. 91. 24 Dennis Pantin, `The Colombian Nightmare: Drugs and Structural Adjustment in the Caribbean', Caribbean Affairs, 2 (October±November 1989), p. 145. 25 Some of these relationships were noted by a Trinidad and Tobago central bank official, who requested anonymity, in an interview in Port of Spain on 8 July 1994. 26 Stares, op. , p. 95. 27 Stone, `Crime and Violence', p. 45. , p.
- Download Siam Mapped: A History of the Geo-Body of a Nation by Thongchai Winichakul PDF
- Download Affective Computing and Sentiment Analysis: Emotion, by Sam Glucksberg (auth.), Khurshid Ahmad (eds.) PDF