By Bruce W. Speck
Instructing Revising and modifying is dedicated to the various aspects of the writing, revising, and book method. It offers a accomplished review of the literature during the last 25 years and applies to writing actions in K-12, undergraduate, graduate study rooms, and the office. each one directory is annotated, giving readers loads of major information regarding each one source.Over 800 annotated entries for books, articles, stories, bibliographies, and different resources are incorporated. The e-book is split into sections on instructing revision and enhancing in educational and nonacademic settings. unique lecture room matters similar to educating studying disabled scholars, non-native writers, and ESL sessions are mentioned. And, there are sub-sections on enterprise periods, developmental writing sessions, and technical writing classes. The nonacademic sections supply resources that hide revising and enhancing within the normal place of work and writing fabric for newspaper and journal submissions. specified writer and topic indexes can help readers locate particular issues of curiosity.
Read or Download Teaching Revising and Editing: An Annotated Bibliography (Bibliographies and Indexes in Mass Media and Communications) PDF
Best bibliographies & indexes books
E-book by means of Siess, Judith A.
No longer lengthy after changing into public healthiness issues within the Nineteen Eighties, HIV and AIDS have been featured in a few works of fiction, although such titles have been written essentially for grownup readers. Mirroring the disease's indiscriminate nature, although, the topic could quickly be included into novels aimed toward teens.
Whereas different Bible catalogs can be found, this accomplished reference ebook is destined to turn into the normal within the box. Chamberlin's one-volume paintings strains the book heritage of a number of variants of Bible translations and provides priceless decriptive annotations. The catalog not just contains whole Bibles, but in addition previous and New Testaments, partial texts, commentaries that come with translations, kid's Bibles, Apocryphal writings, and the Koran, to boot.
The most recent version of a tremendous literature consultant presents citations and informative annotations on quite a lot of reference resources, together with manuals, bibliographies, indexes, databases, literature surveys and stories, dissertations, ebook experiences, convention complaints, awards, and employment and furnish assets.
- Guide for Translating Husserl
- Serving Teen Parents: From Literacy to Life Skills (Libraries Unlimited Professional Guides for Young Adult Librarians)
- Civilian Conservation Corps: A Selectively Annotated Bibliography (Bibliographies and Indexes in American History)
- Kuwait (World Bibliographical Series)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Using the biological literature : a practical guide
Additional resources for Teaching Revising and Editing: An Annotated Bibliography (Bibliographies and Indexes in Mass Media and Communications)
Flanigan, Michael, and Diane Menendez. " College English 42, no. 3 (1980): 256-266. Convinced that students learn how to evaluate and revise their writing for themselves only after they learn the complexities of the revision process through peer-, teacherand self-evaluation at all stages of a text's development. Menendez offers guide to help steer students through each stage of the process. 72. Flower, Linda, John R. Hayes, Linda Carey, Karen Shriver, and James Stratman. " College Composition and Communication 37, no.
He notes that students often have difficulty with identifying audience and need to recognize that revisions must be justified. 59. Berkenkotter, Carol. " Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Canadian Council of Teachers of English, Montreal, Canada, May 1983. ED 236 618. In studying responses three students made to peer comments on their own writing, Berkenkotter notes that the writers responded "to their readers in significantly different ways depending on the writer's personality, level of maturity, and ability to handle writing problems" (4).
101. Murray, Donald M. " Journal of Basic Writing 3, no. 3 (1981): 33-41. "Revision is not just clarifying meaning," Murray says, "it is discovering meaning and clarifying it while it is being discovered" (33). One implication of this understanding of revision is that teachers (and editors) should not mark first drafts as though they were finished copy. First drafts are early stabs at making meaning. However, drafts at various stages in the writing process should be evaluated, so Murray provides principles that underlie a checklist he uses to evaluate drafts.
- Download New England Literary Culture: From Revolution through by Lawrence Buell PDF
- Download The Encyclopedia of Murder and Mystery by Bruce F. Murphy (auth.) PDF