By Steven S. Agabegi, Elizabeth D. Agabegi
Step-Up to drugs is your lifeline for the scientific years of clinical university. This publication used to be initially written by means of third-year clinical scholars looking for the fitting evaluation book—not discovering it out there, they wrote it themselves! Now in its 3rd version, Step-Up to Medicine boils down the whole scope of established pathology in one inventive instrument. every one point is adapted for fast content material absorption, and an all-new, full-color inside differentiate components for even swifter, extra effective evaluation. And, Step-Up to Medicine, third edition provides two forms of self-assessment—the sorts of questions you are going to wonder as a clinician plus USMLE-style perform questions. This evaluate booklet offers simply the Step-Up to the drugs clerkship, accompanying shelf checks, and USMLE Step 2 that you simply need! NEW positive factors for this blockbuster edition:<ul type="disc"> • Full-color, up to date inside layout brings the content material to you in a rousing, memorable style.
• Full-color, up-to-date paintings software illustrates concepts while an image says it best—plenty of scientific photos additionally complement topics.
• New content material on evidence-based medication retains you present and knowledgeable to steer your scientific choice making.
• multiplied content material on drug dosing is extra the place relevant.
CLASSIC positive factors scholars swear by:<ul type="disc"> • whole assurance of high-yield scientific themes guarantees you're try out ready
• medical Pearls containers assist you “file away” medical medication connections for convenient retrieval at try time
• speedy Hits glimmering within the margins spotlight hugely testable material—just see how the sparks fly at attempt time
BONUS fabric and learn resources:<ul type="disc"> • e-book with the absolutely searchable textual content is obtainable through thePoint .
• NEW three hundred USMLE-style questions supply one other technique of self-assessment and perform for these exams
• NEW Audio clips of breath and center sounds additionally on hand on thePoint
Read Online or Download Step-Up to Medicine (Step-Up Series) PDF
Similar internal medicine books
An entire clinically centred advisor to dealing with the whole spectrum of kidney illnesses and hypertensionAccessible, concise, and up to date, present prognosis & remedy Nephrology & high blood pressure features:- different scientific review of all significant ailments and issues, from end-stage renal sickness to basic and secondary high blood pressure- a realistic, learn-as-you-go method of diagnosing and treating renal issues and high blood pressure that mixes sickness administration thoughts with the most recent clinically confirmed remedies- updated assurance of transplantation medication and need-to-know interventional strategies- a big evaluation of subspecialty concerns: renal ailment within the aged, diabetic nephropathy, severe care nephrology, and dialysis- specialist authorship from well-known clinicians within the parts of kidney ailment, dialysis, and high blood pressure
Our healthcare method appears to be like at the verge of quandary, and accelerating swap is a part of the matter. every one technological improve calls for an funding of schooling and cash, and a expensive infrastructure extra quick turns into out of date. Practitioners might be overloaded with complexity: healing ideas, results info, procedural coding, drug names and so on.
This renowned reference offers crucial wisdom on actual prognosis and overall healthiness evaluation in a pragmatic and fascinating question-and-answer layout. A wealth of high quality illustrations advisor you thru the 1st and most crucial of demanding situations curious about diagnosing any sufferer: acting the heritage and actual examination.
This e-book will offer readers with a practice-based method of all features of medical nephrology. Written through specialists within the box, functional Nephrology deals important useful suggestion on the best way to deal with particular health problems and, uniquely, the significance of creating platforms and techniques to enhance sufferer safeguard, improve the sufferer pathway and suggestions on easy methods to systematically enhance medical governance.
- Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease: A practical guide to understanding and management
- Emergency Medicine Procedures
Extra resources for Step-Up to Medicine (Step-Up Series)
Fatal if untreated. Causes 1. Ischemic heart disease is the most common cause. 2. Antiarrhythmic drugs, especially those that cause torsades de pointes (prolonged QT intervals) 3. Clinical features 1. Cannot measure BP; absent heart sounds and pulse 2. Patient is unconscious. 3. If untreated, leads to eventual sudden cardiac death D. Diagnosis 1. ECG: No atrial P waves can be identified. 2. No QRS complexes can be identified. 3. In sum, no waves can be identified; there is a very irregular rhythm.
4. Wide, bizarre QRS complexes followed by a compensatory pause are seen; a P wave is not usually seen because it is “buried” within the wide QRS complex. 5. PVCs appear in more than 50% of men who undergo 24-hour Holter monitoring. 6. Most patients are asymptomatic. Some patients may have palpitations and dizziness related to PVCs. If symptomatic, β-blockers may be used. 7. Presence of PVCs in patients with normal hearts is associated with increased mortality. 8. If a patient is found to have frequent PVCs, work-up for underlying structural heart disease should be initiated which may require specific treatment.
Atrial rate between around 300 bpm. Ventricular rate is one-half to one-third of the atrial rate. The long refractory period in the AV node allows only one out of every two or three flutter waves to conduct to the ventricles. 2. Heart disease: Heart failure (most common association), rheumatic heart disease, CAD a. Atrial septal defect (ASD) F ig u r e 1-11 Atrial flutter. (From Nettina SM. The Lippincott Manual of Nursing Practice. 9th ed. indd 26 6/11/12 4:23 PM D ise a ses o f t h e C a r dio v a scu l a r S y stem l 27 B.
- Download The Essence of Vedanta: The Ancient Wisdom of Indian by Brian Hodgkinson PDF
- Download Medical management of kidney and electrolyte disorders by F. John Gennari PDF