By Monica Levy Andersen, Sergio Tufik
The goal of this ebook is to concisely current info with appreciate to suitable use of experimental rodents in examine. the foundations elaborated search to supply wisdom of the options curious about either administration and clinical study to all who use laboratory animals, with a spotlight at the health and ethics concerning rodents and in addition to toughen the attention of the significance of the animal as a research item and to supply orientation and advice in carrying out laboratory examine, schooling or tests.
Read or Download Rodent Model as Tools in Ethical Biomedical Research PDF
Similar neuroscience books
The Human mind e-book is a whole advisor to the only organ within the physique that makes every one folks what we're - particular members. It combines the most recent findings from the sphere of neuroscience with professional textual content and cutting-edge illustrations and imaging innovations to supply an incomparable perception into each part of the mind.
This atlas maps the special architectonic subdivisions of the cortical and subcortical components within the macaque monkey mind utilizing high-resolution magnetic resonance (MR) pictures and the corresponding histology sections within the comparable animal. This publication provides the precise mapping of the architectonic parts within the horizontal airplane of sections just about the MRI that has now not been stated formerly in macaque monkeys.
Booklet through Fedoroff, Sergey
Translational Neuroscience deals a far-reaching and insightful sequence of views at the attempt to deliver in all likelihood innovative new periods of treatments to the hospital, thereby remodeling the therapy of human frightened procedure issues. nice advances within the fields of easy neuroscience, molecular biology, genomics, gene treatment, phone treatment, stem mobile biology, info expertise, neuro units, rehabilitation and others during the last twenty years have generated unheard of possibilities to regard heretofore untreatable problems of the worried method.
- The Mechanosensory Lateral Line: Neurobiology and Evolution
- The Cambridge Handbook of Human Affective Neuroscience
- Clinical Neurophysiology Board Review Q&A
- Bursting: the genesis of rhythm in the nervous system
- Neuroscience and Philosophy: Brain, Mind, and Language
- Gateway to Memory - Introduction to Neural Network Modeling of the Hippocampus and Learning
Additional info for Rodent Model as Tools in Ethical Biomedical Research
56–64. Hurst JL. Introduction to rodents. In: Poole T, editor. UFAW handbook on the care and management of laboratory animals. ; 1999. p. 262–73. Krohn TC. Method developments and assessments of animal welfare in IVC systems. Thesis, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Frederiksberg; 2002. Ladewig J. Chronic intermittent stress: a model for the study of long-term stressors. In: Moberg GP, Mench JA, editors. The biology of animal stress. Oxon: CAB International; 2000. p. 159–69. Mattson MP, Duan W, Lee J, Guo Z.
Statistical surveys show predominance in the use of mice; 64 % versus 26 % for rats; thus these two species alone account for 90 % of laboratory animal usage. Inclusion of guinea pigs and rabbits brings this figure to 99 %. The remaining 1 % is composed of dogs, cats, and non-human primates, among others. Rodents are widely used because of their low cost, high reproductive potential, short generation span, adaptability to varied environments and sociability. Much is known about rats and mice, and there are well-defined genetic strains that are free of the diversity found in wild species.
Manual para técnicos em bioterismo. 2nd ed. São Paulo: Winner Graph; 1996. p. 259. Felasa. Recommendations for the health monitoring of mouse, rat, hamster, guinea pig and rabbit breeding colonies. Lab Anim. 1994;28:1–12. Fox GJ, Cohen BJ, Loew FM. Laboratory animal medicine. American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine series. 2nd ed. New York: Academic; 1984. Gamble MR, Clough G. Ammonia build-up in animal boxes and its effects on rat tracheal epithelium. Lab Anim. 1976;10:93–104. Krinke GJ, editor.
- Download Quantum Groups The Loop Grassmannian And The Resolution PDF
- Download Coupled Multiscale Simulation and Optimization in by Michael Günther PDF