By Virginia H. Aksan
Read Online or Download Ottomans and Europeans, Contacts and Conflicts PDF
Similar turkey books
Profitable Turkey searching relies on 5 years of columns written for the guides of the nationwide Wild Turkey Federation, with a couple of tales from different guides tossed within the combine. Authors John Higley and J. J. Reich have accelerated and up to date the articles to slot the layout of this ebook. incorporated are such topics as what drives turkey habit, the significance of calling, how a person can learn how to name, and the half woodsmanship performs.
100 years after the deportations and mass homicide of Armenians, Greeks, Assyrians, and different peoples within the ultimate years of the Ottoman Empire, the historical past of the Armenian genocide is a sufferer of ancient distortion, state-sponsored falsification, and deep divisions among Armenians and Turks.
In A Seventeenth-Century Odyssey Gábor Kármán reconstructs the existence tale of a lesser-known Hungarian orientalist, Jakab Harsányi Nagy. The dialogue of his actions as a faculty instructor in Transylvania, as a diplomat and interpreter on the chic Porte, as a secretary of a Moldavian voivode in exile, in addition to a courtroom councillor of Friedrich Wilhelm, the nice Elector of Brandenburg not just sheds gentle upon the terribly flexible profession of this person, but in addition at the number of circles within which he lived.
- Historical Dictionary of the Ottoman Empire (Historical Dictionaries of Ancient Civilizations and Historical Eras)
- Turkey since 1970: Politics, Economics and Society
- Ottoman Warfare
- Lonely Planet Turkey (14th Edition)
- Ottoman Navy Warships 1914-18
Additional resources for Ottomans and Europeans, Contacts and Conflicts
8. Besides high rates of tobacco production, Turkey is among the top 10 tobacco-consuming countries in the world. In 2001, Turkey consumed 2% of tobacco worldwide and 14% in the WHO European Region. 9 billion were consumed. 9. 5%). In contrast to most developed countries, smoking is more prevalent among educated groups in Turkey. Nearly half (53%) of secondary school graduates smoke whereas only 13% of illiterate people smoke. In addition to high tobacco consumption among adults, a significant number of smokers show addictive behaviour.
Producer, area and payment status regarding alternative crops for tobacco project, Turkey, 2002–2007 Year 2002–2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 Total No. of producers 4 769 1 547 433 48 41 6 841 Area (decares) Payment (US$) 22 690 2 505 4 764 207 193 30 361 1 815 236 200 458 381 157 16 554 15 485 2 428 613 Source: based on data from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs. As a result of the implementation of the project in 2002, of the 22 690 decares of agricultural land retrieved from tobacco cultivation, 87% was allocated to wheat, 6% to barley, 5% to lentils and the remainder to vegetables and animal feed crops.
Nevertheless, smoking is quite common among adolescents and the peer effect in starting to smoke is of crucial importance in this age group. In 2006, Akpinar and colleagues (22) investigated smoking prevalence and its determinants among fourth- and fifth-year students at Cukurova University in Southern Turkey. 7%). The smoking behaviour of best friends was the most powerful determinant for smoking consistently across age groups. Best friends’ attitudes towards smoking and family members’ smoking behaviour were also important determinants for smoking.
- Download Murder on the Menu by Miranda Bliss PDF
- Download Killing the Lawyers by Reginald Hill PDF