By Steven S. Zumdahl, Donald J. DeCoste
Perfect for the teacher who plans to exploit OWL, this 7th version of Zumdahl and DeCoste's best-selling INTRODUCTORY CHEMISTRY: A starting place is now provided during this exact, value-based, paperbound variation. It comprises entry to OWL on-line net studying (with eBook), in addition to the entire best-selling content material of INTRODUCTORY CHEMISTRY (with the exception of the end-of-chapter questions, that are incorporated in OWL), giving scholars a cheaper price than they'd pay in the event that they bought a used booklet and OWL individually. Designed to make chemistry attention-grabbing, comprehensible, and appropriate for starting scholars, this hybrid version deals an increased concentrate on challenge fixing, together with a brand new part that indicates scholars easy methods to imagine their manner via an issue utilizing an artistic, versatile process in keeping with figuring out of the major rules of chemistry. additionally, in lots of the text's quantitative examples, the authors version the questions scholars may be asking themselves whereas fixing difficulties. recognized for its designated concentrate on conceptual studying, Zumdahl/DeCoste's textual content motivates scholars by means of connecting chemical ideas to real-life studies in chapter-opening discussions and "Chemistry in concentration" packing containers.
Read Online or Download Introductory Chemistry: A Foundation: Seventh Hybrid Edition PDF
Best chemistry books
This e-book opens new method of the examine of worldwide environmental adjustments having unfourable personality for peoples and different dwelling structures. major good thing about this ebook is composed within the accumulation of information from assorted sciences to parameterize international biogeochemical cycles within the context of globalization and sustainable improvement.
The ebook is directed to researchers and graduate scholars pursuing a sophisticated measure. It offers info of innovations directed in the direction of fixing difficulties in non-linear dynamics and chos which are, usually, now not amenable to a perturbative therapy. the distinction of basic interactions is a primary instance the place non-perturbative thoughts are wanted.
- An Instrument for the Photometering of the New X-Ray Lines
- Density Functional Methods in Chemistry
- The Sacrificial Body And the Day of Doom: Alchemy And Apocalyptic Discourse in the Protestant Reformation (Aries Book Series)
- Modern Amination Methods
Extra resources for Introductory Chemistry: A Foundation: Seventh Hybrid Edition
2. Propose possible solutions to the problem or possible explanations for the observation. In scientific language, suggesting such a possibility is called formulating a hypothesis. Copyright 2011 Cengage Learning, Inc. All Rights Reserved. May not be copied, scanned, or duplicated, in whole or in part. qxd 1/4/10 1:38 PM Page 6 C H E M I S T R Y I N F OCUS A Mystifying Problem T o illustrate how science helps us solve problems, consider a true story about two people, David and Susan (not their real names).
010 we must move the decimal point two places to the right to obtain a number between 1 and 10: 0·0 1 0 1 2 MATH SKILL BUILDER Moving the decimal point to the right requires a negative exponent. 0 ϫ 10Ϫ2. Remember: whenever the decimal point is moved to the right, the exponent of 10 is negative. 000167. 67 (a number between 1 and 10): 0·0 0 0 1 6 7 1 2 3 4 MATH SKILL BUILDER Read the Appendix if you need a further discussion of exponents and scientific notation. Moving the decimal point four places to the right requires an exponent of Ϫ4.
The fact that chemple apparently believe that education simply ical systems are complicated is really a blessing, means memorizing the answers to all of life’s though one that is well disguised. Studying chempresent and future problems. Although this is istry will not by itself make you a good problem clearly unreasonable, many students seem to be- solver, but it can help you develop a positive, aghave as though this were their guiding principle. gressive attitude toward problem solving and can These students want to memorize lists of facts help boost your confidence.
- Download Explaining Science: A Cognitive Approach (Science and Its by Ronald N. Giere PDF
- Download Genreflecting: A Guide to Reading Interests in Genre Fiction by Diana Tixier Herald PDF