By Giuseppi Nappi, Michael A. Moskowitz MD
This quantity within the instruction manual of medical Neurology sequence comprises chapters facing normal points of headache (socioeconomic in particular), the contribution made via the organic sciences to furthering figuring out of the pathophysiology of headache, and the managemnt of headache and comparable difficulties. the most physique of the e-book is dedicated to basic and secondary complications. The publication ends with a few chapters meant to elucidate a chain of arguable concerns: pathogenetic (chronobiological, endocrinological and neuroimaging correlates), nosographic (ie migraine, vertigo and headache in young children) and treatment-related (new advances).
Read Online or Download Headache: Handbook of Clinical Neurology Series Vol 97 PDF
Similar neuroscience books
The Human mind publication is a whole consultant to the only organ within the physique that makes each one people what we're - exact contributors. It combines the newest findings from the sector of neuroscience with specialist textual content and cutting-edge illustrations and imaging strategies to supply an incomparable perception into each part of the mind.
This atlas maps the designated architectonic subdivisions of the cortical and subcortical components within the macaque monkey mind utilizing high-resolution magnetic resonance (MR) photos and the corresponding histology sections within the comparable animal. This booklet offers the targeted mapping of the architectonic components within the horizontal airplane of sections almost about the MRI that has now not been said formerly in macaque monkeys.
Publication by way of Fedoroff, Sergey
Translational Neuroscience deals a far-reaching and insightful sequence of views at the attempt to deliver possibly innovative new periods of cures to the sanatorium, thereby reworking the remedy of human frightened process issues. nice advances within the fields of simple neuroscience, molecular biology, genomics, gene treatment, mobilephone remedy, stem phone biology, details expertise, neuro units, rehabilitation and others over the past two decades have generated unheard of possibilities to regard heretofore untreatable problems of the worried procedure.
- Theoretical Neuroscience: Computational and Mathematical Modeling of Neural Systems
- Serotonin and Anxiety: Neuroanatomical, Pharmacological, and Functional Aspects
- General Dynamical Processes: A Mathematical Introduction
- Neuroscience and Multilingualism
- Gap Junctions in the Brain
Extra info for Headache: Handbook of Clinical Neurology Series Vol 97
Cephalalgia 5 (Suppl. 2): 191–193. Sjaastad O, Bakketeig LS (2002). Exertional headache. I. Va˚ga˚ study of headache epidemiology. Cephalalgia 22: 784–790. Sjaastad O, Bakketeig LS (2003). Cluster headache prevalence. Va˚ga˚ study of headache epidemiology. Cephalalgia 23: 528–533. Sjaastad O, Bakketeig LS (2007). The rare, unilateral headaches. Va˚ga˚ study of headache epidemiology. J Headache Pain 8: 19–27. Sjaastad O, Pettersen H, Bakketeig LS (2001). The Va˚ga˚ study; epidemiology of headache I: the prevalence of ultrashort paroxysms.
0001). 0001). , 2006). 2%) had 1–4 days of severe headache per month. 1% were severely disabled. 1% had missed 1 or more days of activity due to their headaches. Finally, probable migraine was amazingly undertreated. , 2007). B. E. 2). The least difference was observed in the mental health domain (about 10 points). Other differences ranged from 14 to 36 points. 6% were satisfied with their preventive treatment. 2 emergency department visits for headache in the previous year. , unpublished data).
2. Health-related quality of life (HRQoL) of individuals with transformed migraine participating in a clinical trial, compared with US population norms. BoNTA, onabotulinum toxin A. , 1999). Interestingly, when the same group replicated the study 12 years later, they found that the overall prevalence of TTH (87%), especially of what they called frequent TTH (37%), had increased significantly (Rasmussen and Olsen, 1994). , 1998). 16. 9%). 9%). 9% for women. 2%. The prevalence of CTTH was higher in women and declined with increasing education.
- Download Method of Dimensionality Reduction in Contact Mechanics and by Valentin L. Popov, Markus Heß PDF
- Download Biomarkers of Neurological and Psychiatric Disease by Sabine Bahn, Paul Guest PDF