By Chris Sunley, Mike Smith
This consultant offers speedy revision notes, with self-check questions and grade-boosting tutorials in a pocket-sized pack.
Read Online or Download GCSE Science (Instant Revision) PDF
Best scientific-popular books
This publication records the clinical consequence and constitutes the ultimate file of the japanese reseach venture on discovery technological know-how. in the course of 3 years greater than 60 scientists participated within the venture and constructed a wealth of recent equipment for wisdom discovery and information mining. The fifty two revised complete papers offered have been conscientiously reviewed and span the complete variety of data discovery from logical foundations and inductive reasoning to statistical inference and computational studying.
This ebook offers a different and well timed multidisciplinary synthesis of our present wisdom of the anatomy, pharmacology, body structure and pathology of the substantia nigra pars compacta (SNc) dopaminergic neurons. the only chapters, written by means of most sensible scientists of their fields, discover the lifestyles cycle of dopaminergic neurons from their delivery to demise, the reason for Parkinson's ailment, the second one commonest and disabling situation within the aged inhabitants.
A growing number of agencies are utilizing 360-degree suggestions to supply a chance to speak about key alterations. This moment version of the best-selling publication comprises examine and knowledge that extra adequately displays who's utilizing 360-degree suggestions and the place and the way it truly is getting used. additionally, the authors comprise information regarding the influence of advances in know-how and the extra worldwide and digital paintings setting.
- Creating Wooden Boxes on the Scroll Saw: Patterns and Instructions for Jewelry, Music, and Other Keepsake Boxes (The Best of Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts Magazine)
- A Proverb in Mind : The Cognitive Science of Proverbial Wit and Wisdom
- Advances in Applied Microbiology, Vol. 22
- Tropical Fruits, 2nd Edition, Volume 1 (Crop Production Science in Horticulture, Volume 20)
Extra info for GCSE Science (Instant Revision)
1) 5 Balance the following equations: (a) Ca + O2 Æ CaO (1) (b) N2 + H2 Æ NH3 (1) 6 Write balanced symbol equations from the following word equations: (a) magnesium + hydrogen chloride Æ magnesium chloride + hydrogen (1) (b) methane (CH4) + oxygen Æ carbon dioxide + water (1) 7 Write an ionic equation to show the formation of lead(II) hydroxide from lead(II) ions and hydroxide ions. (2) 8 Write half equations for the following reactions: (a) The discharge of aluminium ions at the cathode. (2) (b) The discharge of chloride ions at the anode.
These strong forces are the reason for the high melting and boiling points of ionic structures. Covalent compounds also contain very strong forces due to the covalent bonds. The forces within the molecules (intramolecular forces) are strong. The forces between the molecules (intermolecular forces) are often less strong. In graphite, for example, the forces between carbon atoms in the layers are strong, whereas the forces between the layers are much weaker. This explains why graphite is flaky and yet has a very high melting point.
1) 6 How many protons, neutrons and electrons are there in the phosphorus atom shown. (1) 31 7 What is the arrangement of the electrons in the phosphorus atom? (1) 15 P 8 Draw an atom diagram for this phosphorus atom. (1) 9 What name is given to the forces that exist between molecules? (1) 10 What type of chemical bonding occurs when calcium reacts with oxygen? Explain your answer. (1) 11 Draw a ‘dot and cross’ diagram to show the bonding when sodium combines with oxygen. (3) ( atomic numbers: O = 8; Na = 11) 12 Draw a ‘dot and cross’ diagram to show the bonding in hydrogen chloride.
- Download Note on the Width of Spectral Lines Due to Collisions and by Breit G. PDF
- Download Sources of Quantum Mechanics by B. L. van der Waerden PDF