By Erick Tejkowski
Cocoa programming is not just the well-liked improvement atmosphere for Mac OS X, it’s additionally a major device for developing iPhone and iPod contact software program. That makes this a good time to profit Cocoa, and Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X For Dummies is the appropriate position to start!
This booklet delivers an exceptional origin in Cocoa and the weird syntax of Objective-C. You’ll research what’s new in Cocoa frameworks and create an software step-by-step. for instance, you can:
• See how Xcode underlies your functions because the major element of Apple’s IDE
• study the fundamentals of the Objective-C language, the weather of a Cocoa interface, and object-oriented programming
• Use Xcode and Interface Builder
• Spruce up your apps with audio, video, net positive factors, stylized textual content, and more
• Create purposes with the lovely pix for which Macs are famous
• See find out how to construct apps with a number of records or even executables that aren’t conventional Mac apps
• Use the entire intriguing new Cocoa features
• paintings with Cocoa numbers, arrays, Booleans, and dates
• construct document-based applications
• Simplify with key-value coding
The larger you realize Cocoa programming, the higher the functions you could create for Mac OS X, iPhone, and iPod contact. Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X For Dummies makes it effortless and fun!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and different supplementary fabrics aren't integrated as a part of book dossier.
Read Online or Download Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X for Dummies PDF
Similar computing books
IPv6 necessities, moment variation offers a succinct, in-depth journey of all of the new good points and capabilities in IPv6. It publications you thru every little thing you must recognize to start, together with find out how to configure IPv6 on hosts and routers and which purposes at the moment aid IPv6. the hot IPv6 protocols bargains prolonged tackle house, scalability, superior help for safeguard, real-time site visitors help, and auto-configuration in order that even a amateur person can attach a laptop to the net.
I even have this publication in EPUB and PDF as retail (no conversion).
Want to hurry up your website? This publication provides 14 particular ideas that might lower 20% to twenty-five% off reaction time while clients request a web page. writer Steve Souders, in his activity as leader functionality Yahoo! , accumulated those most sensible practices whereas optimizing a number of the most-visited pages on the internet. Even websites that had already been hugely optimized have been capable of make the most of those unusually basic functionality guidelines.
Want your site to reveal extra fast? This publication offers 14 particular ideas that might minimize 25% to 50% off reaction time whilst clients request a web page. writer Steve Souders, in his task as leader functionality Yahoo! , accumulated those most sensible practices whereas optimizing many of the most-visited pages on the internet. Even websites that had already been hugely optimized, resembling Yahoo! seek and the Yahoo! entrance web page, have been in a position to reap the benefits of those unusually basic functionality guidelines.
Each functionality rule is supported through particular examples, and code snippets can be found at the book's significant other site. the principles contain how to:
Make Fewer HTTP Requests
Use a content material supply community
upload an Expires Header
placed Stylesheets on the most sensible
placed Scripts on the backside
stay away from CSS Expressions
decrease DNS Lookups
keep away from Redirects
eliminate Duplicates Scripts
Make Ajax Cacheable
If you're development pages for prime site visitors locations and need to optimize the adventure of clients traveling your web site, this booklet is indispensable.
"If every body may enforce simply 20% of Steve's instructions, the internet will be a dramatically higher position. among this publication and Steve's YSlow extension, there's quite no excuse for having a slow website anymore. "
-Joe Hewitt, Developer of Firebug debugger and Mozilla's DOM Inspector
"Steve Souders has performed a ravishing activity of distilling an important, semi-arcane paintings all the way down to a collection of concise, actionable, pragmatic engineering steps that may switch the realm of internet functionality. "
-Eric Lawrence, Developer of the Fiddler net Debugger, Microsoft company
Tender computing thoughts are general in so much companies. This booklet comprises numerous very important papers at the functions of sentimental computing concepts for the company box. The gentle computing ideas utilized in this booklet comprise (or very heavily comparable to): Bayesian networks, biclustering equipment, case-based reasoning, information mining, Dempster-Shafer concept, ensemble studying, evolutionary programming, fuzzy determination timber, hidden Markov types, clever brokers, k-means clustering, greatest probability Hebbian studying, neural networks, opportunistic scheduling, chance distributions mixed with Monte Carlo tools, tough units, self organizing maps, help vector machines, doubtful reasoning, different statistical and computing device studying suggestions, and mixtures of those innovations.
This paintings addresses the computation of excited-state houses of platforms containing hundreds of thousands of atoms. to accomplish this, the writer combines the linear reaction formula of time-dependent density sensible thought (TDDFT) with linear-scaling strategies recognized from ground-state density-functional concept.
- Distributed Computing and Internet Technology: 10th International Conference, ICDCIT 2014, Bhubaneswar, India, February 6-9, 2014. Proceedings
- Index-aware Model Order Reduction Methods: Applications to Differential-Algebraic Equations
- Frontiers of High Performance Computing and Networking ISPA 2007 Workshops: ISPA 2007 International Workshops SSDSN, UPWN, WISH, SGC, ParDMCom, HiPCoMB, and IST-AWSN Niagara Falls, Canada, August 28-September 1, 2007 Proceedings
- Microsoft Windows Server Administration Essentials (1st Edition)
Additional info for Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X for Dummies
6. Build an application. You’ve created an interface, added the code, and tested your project. Now it’s time to build an application. With one click, you can build an application that you can run on almost any Mac OS X computer. 5), you may not be able to run your application on later versions of Mac OS X. Because Apple is always improving the operating system, a time may come when frameworks from a newer version of the operating system are incompatible with an older version of the operating system.
Figure 2-11 shows the completed interface with the new text field controls. In this chapter and Chapter 3, you worry only about addition. In Chapter 4, you add subtraction, multiplication, and division to the project. Figure 2-10: Deselect the Editable property of a text field so your users can’t change its contents. 27 28 Part I: Developer Tools Figure 2-11: The completed interface. Table 2-1 lists the controls that make up your interface. Before you go on, now is a good time to double-check that everything is arranged like you want it.
To create Cocoa applications, you need to know Objective-C, Python, Ruby, Java, or AppleScript. This book uses Objective-C because it’s the “native language” of Cocoa. Objective-C is a superset of the traditional C programming language. If you have experience with C, you’re well on your way to understanding Objective-C. All the C functions you know and love are available to you in Cocoa. Objective-C, however, goes one step further and enhances C by adding objectoriented features to the language.
- Download The Language of Politics by Adrian Beard PDF
- Download Soft Computing in Industrial Applications: Proceedings of by Abhaya Chandra Kammara, Andreas König (auth.), Václav PDF