By John W. Moore, Conrad L. Stanitski, Peter C. Jurs
Your scholars might be interact within the energetic examine of chemistry with CHEMISTRY: THE MOLECULAR technological know-how, Fourth version. Authors Moore, Stanitski, and Jurs infuse their textual content with well timed purposes that demonstrate chemistry as a full of life and correct topic that's primary to a vast variety of disciplines akin to engineering, biology, and environmental technological know-how. The Fourth variation gains an more desirable problem-solving method, a whole revision of its award-winning artwork application to even greater support scholars visualize chemical techniques at a molecular point, built-in assurance of natural and biochemistry content material, and entire media integration with OWL on-line net studying and move Chemistry. New content material, extra visualization difficulties, up-to-date functions in a variety of disciplines, and targeted new end-of-chapter "grid" questions in line with award-winning chemistry schooling learn were extra through the textual content. moreover, a few of the book's end-of-chapter questions are followed by way of interactive, assignable, on-line classes in OWL--the no 1 on-line studying process for chemistry.
Read Online or Download Chemistry: The Molecular Science (4th Edition) PDF
Best chemistry books
This publication opens new method of the learn of world environmental adjustments having unfourable personality for peoples and different dwelling platforms. major benefit of this ebook is composed within the accumulation of information from diversified sciences to parameterize international biogeochemical cycles within the context of globalization and sustainable improvement.
The e-book is directed to researchers and graduate scholars pursuing a sophisticated measure. It presents information of recommendations directed in the direction of fixing difficulties in non-linear dynamics and chos which are, often, no longer amenable to a perturbative therapy. the honour of primary interactions is a chief instance the place non-perturbative recommendations are wanted.
- Evidence for the Existence of Activated Molecules in a Chemical Reaction
- Trends In Chemistry Of Materials: Selected Research Papers of C N R Rao (Iisc Centenary Lecture Series)
- Synthesis And Degradation Rheology And Extrusion
- The Chemical Process Industries Infrastructure: Function and Economics (Chemical Industries)
Extra resources for Chemistry: The Molecular Science (4th Edition)
1) • Why does salt help to clear snow and ice from roads? 7) • What is the difference between a saturated fat, an unsaturated fat, and a polyunsaturated fat? 6) • Where does the energy come from to make my muscles work? 9) • What are the molecules in my eyes doing when I watch a movie? 4) • Why does frost form on top of a parked car in winter, but not on the sides? 11) • Why is the sky blue? 8) • Why can some insects walk on water? 1) • Why is stratospheric ozone depletion harmful? I thought too much ozone was bad for your lungs.
The structure of the smaller of those parts is shown in the figure on p. 4. Even after its structure was known, there was not a great deal of interest in paclitaxel as a drug because the compound was so hard to get. Removing the bark from a Pacific yew kills the tree, the bark from a 40-foot tree yields a very small quantity of the drug (less than half a gram), and it takes more than 100 years for a tree to grow to 40 feet. Had it not been for the discovery that paclitaxel’s method for killing cancer cells was unique, which opened new avenues for research, the drug probably would not have been commercialized.
Editorial Advisory Board for the Third Edition David Grainger, University of Utah Benjamin R. Martin, Texas State University, San Marcos David Miller, California State University, Northridge Michael J. Toomey, Northwest Missouri State University Reviewers of the Third Edition Patricia Amateis, Virginia Tech Debra Boehmler, University of Maryland Norman C. Craig, Oberlin College Michael G. Finnegan, Washington State University Milton D. Johnson, University of South Florida Katherine R. Miller, Salisbury University Robert Milofsky, Fort Lewis College Mark E.
- Download Advances in Clinical Chemistry, Vol. 32 by Herbert E. Spiegel PDF
- Download Cumulative Index by Peter W. Hawkes (Eds.) PDF